Australia - Straight from the Horse`s Mouth #2
This school year, Bronia Hamilton, English teacher and Oslo’s FYR coordinator for English, is providing us with up-to-date teaching resources from Australia. Below follows part two in the series.
Alternative Energy: Sunny Bins
Bronia recently visited an eco-living festival where she spotted an interesting contraption. It was a large bin with a solar panel roof, pumping out music through the sunflower decorated holes in the side of the bin. She contacted the suppliers to find out more.
This teaching material is ideal for students of Electricity and Electronics and can be used on its own, or in conjunction with the text The Green Gym from SKILLS Elektrofag. It includes:
- An interview with Peter Strong of Sunny Bins (8 minutes)
- Handout to students, including:
- Brief background information about Sunny Bins
- A list of comprehension questions to the interview
- A task requiring students to explore a website and produce an oral text
- A written task for a particular purpose (exam training
Both the oral and written tasks provide an opening for multidisciplinary cooperation with the project subjects of Electrical Engineering.