Undervisningsopplegg for Engelsk: 15 år gamle Gitanjali ble kåret til "Årets barn".
Gitanjali Rao forsøker å løse sosiale problemer via apputvikling. La elevene jobbe med teksten om Gitanjali i dette undervisningsopplegget.
From the core elements in the curriculum - Working with texts in English: “By reflecting on, interpreting and critically assessing different types of texts in English, the pupils shall acquire language and knowledge of culture and society”
Read the article from The Guardian published on 4 December 2020: Gitanjali Rao: Time magazine names teenage inventor its first ‘kid of the year’
- What is the article about?
- Who is the article about? Name, age, where she comes from, occupation?
- List the three issues she has addressed. What has she invented?
- Which award did she receive?
- How does she want to inspire others?
- Three names of celebrities are mentioned in the article. Find out what they are known for.
- Search for five ‘person of the year’ awarded by Time Magazine. Paste the front-page picture in your document and describe briefly what they are known for.
- If you could choose three issues to address, what would they be? Could you think of a way to solve these issues in order to make a better world? Use your imagination.
- Would you consider The Guardian and Time Magazine as reliable sources? Why/why not?
Article retrieved 1/1/2021: Gitanjali Rao: Time Magazine names teenage inventor its first ‘kid of the year
Curriculum retrieved 1/1/2021: Competence aims and assessment
Flere oppfinnsomme tenåringer
Oppfinnere er ikke nødvendigvis gamle menn i hvite frakker. Visste du at det var en 14-åring som hadde ideen til fjernsynet? Eller at trampolinen ble funnet opp av en 16-åring? I kapittelet Science i Enter 8 kan dere lære mer om oppfinnsomme tenåringer.